Darktrace Review

Quickly identifies threats and has good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for endpoint data and we've had good results with Darktrace.

What is most valuable?

What I like about Darktrace is that you can quickly identify threats. I did a trial where I injected a small malware to see how long it takes for the program to identify it and to see that there is an anomaly. The response was good and it took the program less than a minute to detect it. The fast response time is definitely a plus.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is based on the number of endpoints, so the program is rather expensive. I would like to see something that will fit my clients' budget. That is something they can work on to improve.

Secondly, I would like to see my entire network, structurally and architecturally, on a single screen or in one single dashboard. Right now you have to keep going through different clippings to see everything.

I've been using Darktrace for three months now.

The solution is stable enough for what we use it for.

We haven't been using the program long enough to know how scalable it is. I also know that it will depend on the amount of traffic on your server. But I saw in the demo that it can scale up to thousands and thousands of endpoints.

The initial setup was quite straightforward but it gets harder if you have a lot of traffic on your server. With the right knowledge, you would be able to work around that with ease and do the configuration yourself. Because it's more deployment, so it's not that complex so far. I may have to contact their technical team once we get a bigger deployment.

We evaluated several other options like McAfee. One reason why I chose Darktrace, in the end, was because of the difference in price, what we intend to achieve with the program and other costs.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is always to keep an open mind and to find out as much as you can about the program to see if it offers what you are looking for. I rate Darktrace eight out of ten.