Darktrace Review

A clever solution that spots problems that cannot be found by other solutions but it would benefit from having automation

What is our primary use case?

Primarily we use the solution to spot problems that cannot be found by other solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

Darktrace has improved our knowledge of abnormal phenomenen which could have potentially be hazardous for the organization.You have to be vigilant with GDPR compliance rules in Europe

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is that you can see all the process mistakes. You can see all the different types of unusualcsituations that you usually don't see in a traffic solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution would benefit from automation. Currently, you have to know what you are searching for.

I've been using the solution for one month.

The solution is stable. We've never had any problems with it.

The solution is scalable. So far, we have 12 networks done. We have about 500 users on it currently.

I haven't had too much interaction with technical support. Technical support was in France but the experts were in England. It's good generally, but we haven't used the solution for too long.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

When you have an expert, the initial setup is easy, but if you do it on your own, it could be complex. Deployment takes at least a month.

We didn't evaluate another solution. We met the solution's team in Cannes for an IT meeting and decided to pursue discussions with implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

It's a quite clever solution. It has a lot of potential, but I'd advise those considering to hold off implementing the solution until after a newer version is released.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If they added automation and included it in the price, I'd rate it higher.

More Darktrace reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Stealthwatch
Learn what your peers think about Darktrace. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.