Dell BakBone Review

Very good technical support, an easy initial setup and good blocking capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security logs and for end-customer security.

What is most valuable?

The solution allows us to block off our network and only give access to whatever we want.

What needs improvement?

I don't have complete hands-on knowledge, so I can't speak to what is missing on the solution.

The interface can be improved. It should be more clear what features are available and make them easy to find.

The pricing could be adjusted. Right now, it's quite high.

I've been using the solution for six months.

I've heard from our L3 team that there have been a few hiccups on the stability side. Occasionally when we implement a policy change, for example, it doesn't deflect much. I'm not sure if it's a fault in the system or the configuration.

Technical support has been good. When we log a case, we'll get a call within 24-48 hours. They help get issues resolved if there are any hiccups. If an engineer cannot resolve the issue they will also move it up to another level. That may mean we have to wait a few more hours for them to get back to us in order to resolve the issues.

We've been satisfied with the level of service we've received so far.

I'm not sure if there were other solutions evaluated before choosing this one. Management makes these types of decisions.

The solution's initial setup is straightforward so long as you take the time to study the solution beforehand. We were able to implement the solution within a week. We needed four people for deployment.

We had a vendor on the Dell side that assisted with the implementation.

The solution is a bit costly.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Dell. We don't have complete access to the solution; we only have limited access. We use the on-premises deployment model.

We have two customers on the solution and we are also using it in our company.

If the solution fits the user's requirements and budgets, they should consider implementing it.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.