Dell EMC Data Protection Advisor Review

A stable solution with detailed reporting features

What is our primary use case?

We have one customer that uses this solution. We have one technical team member that handles all maintenance-related issues.

What is most valuable?

This solution is great for IT auditing. The reporting has many capabilities, including the implementation of charts. It also includes a standard reporting mode.

It can support many backup solutions; you can even backup hosts. It generates very detailed reports, which makes things easier when it comes to IT auditing.

What needs improvement?

It's a bit difficult for first-time users. It could be easier to use, overall. For example, when searching for one specific feature, you need to go through many tabs, which can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing. If this process was simplified, it would be very time-efficient.

One of our customers has been using this solution for two years.

Dell EMC Data Protection Advisor is not very scalable.

The initial installation is quite straightforward. Deployment took roughly 45 minutes.

We need to add additional licenses for support so that the IT monitoring process will be very smooth.

Our customer pays for the license. It's not very expensive — I think the price is fair. Considering the number of features, the price is moderate.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

More Dell EMC Data Protection Advisor reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft DPM
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Veeam Software, Commvault and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.