Denodo Review

Good data catalogs for data anonymization, and the technical support if fantastic

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant for an organization.

We are using this solution for data anonymization, and then the particular use case that's of an advantage is the chain of custody of data. That is something that is really critical today, in breaking down that barrier.

Data can remain where it is and still be shared.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Data Catalogs.

What I like about them is that there's a breakout, a functional component of other large enterprise systems, which makes it much more usable.

What needs improvement?

The dropdown menus feel antiquated to me, and the administrative portals need improvement.

In the next release, I would like to see a better user experience and the interface needs modernization.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

We are using version 7, but it's 8 now.

It's a stable product.

I haven't had any experience scaling it, but it's certainly a scalable platform.

Technical support is fantastic as far as availability and advice. I would give them the highest rating. I have had no trouble getting ahold of them and they have offered a lot of free advice.

They are really good.

Because it's an enterprise system, it was both straightforward and complex. There is no such thing as not complex for an enterprise.

It took some months for a POC.

I am the consultant, so I do the strategy and then we hire out the different implementers.

I don't know the actual cost, but it's tens of thousands of dollars per month.

It's an ongoing license similar to a bandwidth license. It's not priced like that, it's priced on a core, but it's a bandwidth license.

The pricing is okay, as it's less costly than other options. They could probably charge more if they wanted to.

This solution checked all of the boxes so we committed to it for proof of concept.

What other advice do I have?

They're an industry leader for an emergent layer, and they don't sell you everything else associated with it.

There are not very many competitors.

I would suggest to get on with the proof of concept with it, and then if it doesn't work, you can back away from it with very little pain.

You can scale up and get on with it.

We have found that all of the competitors have a series of products that would cost a great deal more.

I just became a partner as a consultant. I went through the partner training very recently.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More Denodo reviews from users
...who compared it with Alteryx Designer
Learn what your peers think about Denodo. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.