Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Review

What is our primary use case?

I use Remote Desktop Manager to centralize all my different connection types, like Linux servers via SSH, Windows servers via RDP, VMware hosts, and for all the devices that I manage.

The ability to have all the connection information in one location saves so much time from trying to manage the same information across different applications.

How has it helped my organization?

By integrating all our connections previously spread across multiple locations, a lot of time has been saved.

The interface is great to work with as it allows multiple connections in a tabbed interface. It also has the option to automatically start a VPN or an SSH tunnel, if required.

What is most valuable?

I love the tabbed interface. It has credential information saved in the connection settings and the ability to include notes for each entry.

I find the feature to "Connect When Available" extremely helpful. When rebooting a device, this feature will ping and port scan the remote device, then once it is responding, it will initiate a connection automatically. No guessing as to when a server will be backed up from a remote reboot.

What needs improvement?

No big cons that I can think of.

Sometimes when updating, the install window is on top of the prompt to close the application.

Yes, a folder with several .rdp connection files and PuTTY.

I switched to have everything in one location with the cloud sync option to save everything across all my work devices.