Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Review

Best remote connection manager you can use today

What is our primary use case?

I use RDM to manage 99% of my remote connections, such as RDP, SSH, SCP File Transfer, iDRAC, iLO, VMware vSphere Web Client, VMware vSphere Client, URLs, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

RDM has enabled me to do most of my work in one place. This helps me be able to have an RDP session open to a server in one tab and an SSH session open to a VMware host in another.

Also, being able to store my credentials makes connecting a breeze.  And being able to search the over 500 entries via the status bar at the bottom makes connecting EVEN FASTER! :)

What is most valuable?

• Credential storage, Keep Tab on Disconnect, Password Generator are just a few that I use on a regular basis.
  • Also, Working with cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc) and being able to import from connection/password managers and other connection tools.
  • I also use the "Keep tab on disconnect" feature a lot when rebooting a server when I need to reconnect after the reboot!

What needs improvement?

The only complaint I have heard is there are too many updates. Each time there is an update (the app prompts to upgrade), it can be time consuming, especially when sometimes there are multiple updates per week.

More than five years.

The application is very stable. I never have issues with it crashing.

Being able to use a SQL database for the data source means multiple people can share one data source.

Devolutions's team is constantly making improvements to their products. If you submit a feature request, they are usually quick to implement it!

Their support is amazing as well. When I have had to contact support, they have been very friendly and helpful.

I have used their support forum a few times posting questions and receiving answers in a quick and timely manner.

Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager. I was looking for something that allowed me to use more than just RDP.

I use Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise. Setup and installation was simple.

I installed it on my own with no outside assistance.

While it is hard to place a dollar amount on ROI for a piece of software that my company didn't pay for (I'm a VMware vExpert), I feel it helps me do my job more efficiently, which allows me to work on more than I would work on if I did not use it.

If you are a Microsoft MVP, VMware vExpert, Cisco Champion, etc., Devolutions offers a free 1-year Enterprise Evaluation License.

I evaluated Royal TS as well. I found RDM to have more features and functionality, especially the features the Enterprise version gives you.

What other advice do I have?

I've been using RDM for almost 10 years now, starting with the free version and eventually moving to the Enterprise version. There is not a day that goes by that I do not use the tool.

1 visitor found this review helpful