Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Review

Integrated VPN providers means no need to manually configure clients

What is our primary use case?

• Centralize all our customer and in-house credentials and remote connections.
  • Configure limited access to resources with the security-based role feature (for trainees and new employees).
  • Daily usage of some of the numerous integrated VPN solutions for connecting to our customers, when we are remote.
  • Keep the credentials up to date with version and Change History.

How has it helped my organization?

With the integrated VPN providers you are able to link the VPN entry directly to the session or entire folders, so you no longer have to configure the VPN manually on the machine.

More security with granular security features.

What is most valuable?

• Integrated VPN providers - As I mentioned, no need to manually configure clients.
  • "Inherited" function for credentials - Configure the desired credential at one (top) location, and use the Inherited function on all sub-connections that should use this credential.
  • Web browser extension for auto-login on websites.
  • Documentation per entry - Used for device configs or important/special instructions.
  • GPO extension for restricting features.
  • Inventory reports from servers and clients, including warranty dates and reminders.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the manual inventory of some entries hangs, and RDM must be closed via task manager.

Security roles could be improved, especially by enabling renaming of a role.

Three to five years.

Very fast, nice, and always available. Sometimes you get a response within minutes.

We started with Excel.

Very easy and straightforward, but if you encounter issues the competent support team helps you out.

Also, online help like a wiki, is available. You can find your answers quickly and easily.

The Free Edition is completely free. You can try also the Enterprise Edition for 30 days for free.

ASG-Remote Desktop.