Domo

Domo Review
Unfortunately, they couldn't deliver as promised. Initially, we were very intrigued by the ability to get four to six complicated reporting tools into one aggregated dashboard.

Valuable Features:

In the end nothing, but upfront, we were very intrigued by the ability to get four to six complicated reporting tools into one aggregated dashboard.

Improvements to My Organization:

Unfortunately, no. We never were able to make it work. We were initially promised a one month setup with the four tools of our choice. It took them two months to setup Google Analytics alone, and that merely replicated what we could do.

Room for Improvement:

• Ease of use for clients
  • The ability to live up to the promises of its sales staff

Use of Solution:

We worked with Domo for one year. At no point would I define it as a "solution."

Deployment Issues:

Absolutely. We never were able to get all promised channels plugged into the system.

Stability Issues:

No issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

Significantly. When we signed our initial agreement, they told us that we could use it.

They were very responsive, but never actually were able to help us.

I dealt very little with the technical team. However, they were constantly behind on our initial setup.

Previous Solutions:

We had multiple complex internal systems providing our reports. We wanted to get all of our reporting into one place. This turned out not to be feasible.

Initial Setup:

It was highly complex. They had to connect to the APIs of various systems which was beyond the ability of a layperson to do. Clearly, it was complex for their team given that we only got two of our four promised systems implemented over more than six months. And those took more than two months each.

Implementation Team:

We worked with the vendor on implementation. We were constantly told that the development team was behind on getting even simple tools like Google Analytics and Omniture implemented. I do not know how much this is a reflection on their entire team, or maybe just specific to our account rep.

ROI:

It was zero. We paid for a year's contract and made no money from its use.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I can't be specific, but it was well into five figures. It also took up a significant portion of my time, which I value as well.

Other Solutions Considered:

Domo was really the first tool we looked at because of our complicated internal systems. It turned out that they over-promised and under-delivered.

Other Advice:

I've dealt with worse companies that take the money and run. Domo continued to stay involved, it just never got to where they said we were going. The tool has some potential, but - as of two years ago - it was still a long way from fulfilling on the promise.

If you have a very simple implementation and a competent account rep, Domo might work for you - although I think it's an overpriced option to handle that. For our purposes, it proved much more feasible to have an Analytics/JavaScript guru customize GA & Omniture to get multiple data points into the same system.

5 visitors found this review helpful
Yair areli li?1414332496Martin robinson fcilt msc li?1429812880Anonymous avatar x30Anonymous avatar x30Anonymous avatar x30

2 Comments

Picture will.gunadi
will.gunadiConsultantTOP 20POPULAR

We connect to Google Analytics, EverHour, Asana, Authority Labs, and Google Docs. EverHour does not even have an API and we managed to automate ETL from it. All this in one month. Our client is, needless to say, very satisfied.

Like (1)13 May 15
6fc353ed ea0f 4023 9019 c8e30dcbecd6 avatar

I'm sorry to hear about your experience! I currently work at Domo in the marketing department, and seeing data from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, and Moz is something I rely on everyday. I can understand how not getting access to those features can be frustrating if that's what you're expecting. Not sure when you signed up, but I would encourage you to take another look...Connecting to those resources is pretty easy (If I can do it myself...most people can) and there are a lot of pre-made apps that are just press & play now. You'll need someone who knows SQL for the intense data queries, but it's really nice being able to import and combine the data the way you want.

Like (0)29 April 16