What is most valuable?
1. Domo is a single system of engagement in a simple browser.
2. There are tools that can only be used by extreme developers who have an in-depth knowledge of graduate level statistics. Domo handles this in Domo, in the same interface, without having to go through multiple systems or modules.
3. Grouping data together on the fly, not having to do your grouping ahead of time in data prep, and in creating views in SQL.
4. Drag and Drop ETL
5. Multi-Dimensional drilling
6. Lighting fast interface
7. Row Level security, which is easy to use and deploy.
How has it helped my organization?
1. The cost savings from redundant reporting and consolidation alone surpass the cost of Domo hands down.
2. Speed to market - able to deploy metrics, reports, complete data sets in hours/days compared to months/years previously.
3. The ability to help identify problems in our data that need to be corrected, whether it be formatting or actual logic.
What needs improvement?
More functions on the ETL side for the drag and drop ETL.
For how long have I used the solution?
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
None at all. The only time Domo has not performed was when something on our side fails.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
None. Completely scalable to any size organization.
How are customer service and technical support?
A nine out of 10
Always responsive. Sometimes getting the right person from ticket to assignment is a little buggy, but I have had to call support less than six times in four years, so I consider that a win. Technical Support
10 out of 10
They will always find a way to help the customer accomplish what they need, even if it means creating something that doesn't exist.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We currently use many BI solutions, as I am sure many enterprise-level companies do, but we are consolidating. It just takes time in large organizations.
How was the initial setup?
What about the implementation team?
In-house. One person deployed the instance with very limited support from Domo at our request. This helped us understand that it was truly that simple.
What was our ROI?
More than 300%.
Seems out of this world, but it is the truth. This ROI calculation was done year two of using the system as a presentation with my management and it continues to increase.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Talk to your account manager. They will work with you on pricing and they will ensure that you get what you need for any size organization.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Birst, Tableau, Crystal, Power BI, GoodData, and Qlik.
What other advice do I have?
In my 15 years of professional experience in IT and Project Controls, this system is truly the one that is the unicorn. That one system that we all wished existed, it finally does and it is real!