Domo Review

Allows me to see high-level information and subsets of data, with a few clicks

What is our primary use case?

To un-silo and "liberate" our data. To bring many data sources into one place and then allow many users to interact, blend, transform, and enrich data in their own environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Data is much more accessible throughout the organization. Since getting data in a timely manner (i.e. as fast as possible) is so important today, giving the organization a self-service, immediate place to get data as needed and when needed, has really improved the time it takes to make decisions and have the necessary insights. No more waiting for hours for Excel-based reporting.

What is most valuable?

Using the "cards" which function as preconfigured reports or views. I use many of them simultaneously on an organized page, with filters that allow me to see high-level information as well as subsets across the dataset, in a few clicks. Many Excel-challenged users love to use this product for its simplicity.

What needs improvement?

The preconfigured apps need to be more relevant to allow one, out of the box, to load data in order to use pre-set reports/views.

Never encountered stability issues.

Scalability has been remarkable, with our options; an endless ability to load datasets of all sizes without concern.

Support is remarkable. They know their stuff and are quick to respond and update. Some issues can take a little longer, especially if they are product improvement/development requests.

Like with any product, there will be a learning curve. With Domo it was simple, once we got the hang of the platform. Additionally, support was always available to help us on the back-end or the front-end, to develop what we were aiming for.

I believe that the investment in Domo was worthwhile because it allowed for the organization to jump in quickly, with little training. There are different plans available based on the requirements and they always look to work with their customers to the best of their ability.

I was not involved with the initial evaluation. We had some of the leading technologists in the field who did that, and Domo made a good impression and won the day.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure to allow yourself some time. In the end, it will prove worthwhile. Try to come up with as many use cases as possible to PoC.

More Domo reviews from users