What is most valuable?
There are many feature which are really good for business, and a few among them are
- Fault isolation which helps to control the unnecessary flood of alerts
- NCM (Network Configuration Manager) - To capture the configuration backup of the network, devices which have out of box features for Cisco devices
- Out of box integration with other CA products like Nimsoft(UIM), APM, eHealth to provide CA as a complete solution in the environment
- Integration with Service desk (ITSM) tool for ticket automation in an environment
- Integration with 3rd party tools as it can receive the traps and then can be converted into meaningful alarms.
- Ability to import MIB"s for different Vendor devices.
How has it helped my organization?
It has really helped to create a complete solution so that clients can see their whole IT network in one complete console/solution.
What needs improvement?
CA keeps on enhancing the product time to time, taking enhancements from users like us, as we make maximum use of their products.
I think they should improve or add advance performance reporting in the reporting part of Spectrum, they have recently replaced CABI with Jaspersoft in new version as a reporting integration.
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for four years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
No issues with deployment for me as i have been deploying/upgrading this product frequently for different clients.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
No issues with stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
No issues with scalability.
How are customer service and technical support?
Great, we try to resolve issues of our own, but when required CA support is well versed in technical expertise and documentation to help their clients. Technical Support
4.5 out of 5
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
No, I have been using CA products for almost 4 years now.
How was the initial setup?
It's a bit complex on Linux box but straight forward for windows, but you need some hands-on experience to start on production.
What about the implementation team?
What other advice do I have?
Read the documentation first before implementing, CA has a very well managed documentation and also good articles on their KB support site for known issues.