DX Spectrum Review

It provides easy navigation from alert to topology to detail on NW infra and relationships.

What is our primary use case?

Fault Domain isolation is the primary use case for our teams with this tool.  Once configured, it centralizes alerting on conditions that would require an experienced NW engineer to investigate at the command prompt.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool provides excellent Fault Domain isolation when properly instrumented and configured, allowing quick action on links/routers/switches/etc.

What is most valuable?

Easy navigation from initial alerts to a full topology and detail on the Network infrastructure and it relationships is the most valuable feature

What needs improvement?

The configurations are still XML-based and require a good deal of coding to setup each object for monitoring.  Alerting is yet more coding, and relationships are more coding... In a drag-and-drop world, this tool is in need of a bit more than a make-over.

More than five years.

In house

9.2
More DX Spectrum reviews from users
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Micro Focus and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: January 2021.
464,082 professionals have used our research since 2012.