Everest IMS Review

A stable product that works perfectly

What is our primary use case?

We got this product for a banking client to monitor whether leased lines are down or not. The bank and the branches are connected via leased lines. The basic intention was to monitor the status of the network and get alerts automatically if something happens to the network.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable product. After the initial configuration, you don't have to tweak it much. All systems of Everest IMS work perfectly.

What needs improvement?

There might be some features in other products that are currently not there in Everest IMS and can be included. I have not yet compared it with any other product.

I have been dealing with Everest IMS for about two years.

Stability is not at all a problem.

We did not require technical support.

The initial setup took some time, but it was simple. It took us three to four days to deploy. We didn't have to ask or call a service engineer. There were no issues.

We did consider Zabbix. Because our customer was a bank, they didn't want to go for any open source solution. That was one of the reasons why Zabbix was not selected. Everest IMS was simpler, and it was not into open source. Another reason for selecting Everest IMS was that it is locally from India.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Everest IMS because it is a very stable product and works perfectly after the initial configuration.

It lacked a module to manage the changes and configurations. We needed this module to obey the user guidelines given by the Reserve Bank of India and record the changes by using MCP, which is a submodule of Everest IMS. This module has just come out. It is a paid module. We haven't used it yet.

I would rate Everest IMS an eight out of ten.