Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Review

Enables us to keep our legal and confidential documents safe and secure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to prevent leakage of enterprise legal data and company confidential documents.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has been very useful for myself, my colleagues, and our customers by helping us to be more informed about IT concepts and DLP systems. This includes how to deal with enterprise legal data, legal documents, and especially confidential documents. There are IT cultural activities that we learn from this solution.

What is most valuable?

We use several components in this solution, including Endpoint Discovery, CEIT technology, Network Discovery, and NT integration. The most valuable feature in this solution is the support for templates.

What needs improvement?

The user interface for this solution should be improved.

We would like to see OCR from handwritten documents.

There is no support for the Bangla (Bengali) language, so we cannot use the Forcepoint technology for Bangla documents. It does support other languages, but Bangla is not one of them.

Finally, there are some of our customers who want to have a greater resolution when dealing with these technologies.

Three to five years.

This is a very stable solution. We don't have a lot of downtime, but when we do then we get proper support with no issue.

This is not a product for small enterprise level customers, so most of the time we have to implement Forcepoint DLP for our large customers.

We have four to five customers using this, with several thousand users. They are doing fine, and we are trying to increase usage. The majority of users work in the Information Security department.

I have contacted support many times and I am pleased. We get support without any issues, either from India, England, or the USA. If there is a personnel shortage then sometimes it takes longer, but this is not a very big problem, most of the time.

Before Forcepoint, we used the McAfee solution for internet security. It had flaws and was lacking in terms of technological advancement.

We still use McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, but most of the time not for DLP. We use it for endpoint solutions such as malware detection.

The initial setup is not that complex. I would say that it is easy to set up.

The deployment time depends on whether the solution is being integrated with third-party products. If you are installing Forcepoint DLP with Forcepoint proxy and security then it is not a problem but, if you try to integrate it with Google, Cisco, or another third-party then sometimes there are problems and it takes longer.

We use four or five staff for deployment. Post-deployment, you can use just two or three for maintenance. The people are normally from Information Security, although some customers engage their operational team, as well.

Most of the time we handle the deployment for our customers. If something is not working properly, such as not getting the proper data or traffic, then we contact Forcepoint for support.

The pricing and licensing fees could be improved. Some customers feel that the pricing is too high. For instance, Forcepoint doesn't sell less than two hundred and fifty licenses, and some customers find this is problematic.

For my office, it is a one-year license. For most of the customers, licensing is on a three-year basis. Some customers have requested perpetual licenses.

Before choosing this solution we evaluated Symantec Data Loss Prevention, but the pricing is too high for most of our customers.

What other advice do I have?

I suggest that before implementing this solution, people should decide which servers they want to keep at which location. This is a good strategy because after implementation and deployment, changing the server position creates problems. Proper homework is necessary before the full deployment.

This is one of the best solutions in the world but without support for our local language, Bangla, I cannot rate it ten out of ten. Overall, I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: There are several languages which are detected by the Forcepoint. We expect Bangla as a language in the DLP for data detection/blocking.