Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall Review

Security works well, reasonably priced but difficult to configure

What is our primary use case?

The solution has the ability to stop the latest malware threats and any exploits to computer systems.

What is most valuable?

It does well in security, for data security, and it ranks on the top of NSS Lab.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint is a little difficult to configure compared to its competitors.

The product could be more user friendly. Firewalls are getting better in graphical user interfaces. If there is an issue with the appliances then the engineering team can work on the command line controls. A cheaper way is a graphical user interface for any users to be able to quickly configuration and implement.

I have been using the solution for three years.

It is a scalable product. I know a customer who has deployed more than 4,000 firewalls in a single deployment.

The technical support is good.

The installation can take a little while depending on the number of sites that someone has. Usually, for single deployment, it takes one or two days.

In our deployment team, we have over 2000 users.

The pricing of the solution is normally competitive with other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would probably not recommend the product to customers because it is not top of the line. It depends on the customer though, their usage, budget, etc. If they have the budget I would probably recommend Palo Alto Networks, not Forcepoint.

I rate Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall a six out of ten.

More Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.