FortiGate-VM Review

How has it helped my organization?

Use of this product does not require daily interactions, like our previous firewall service option.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity of daily operations would be my favorite facet of this gem.

Less than one year.

No issues. Operations have been flawless, so far.

No issues noted.

Technical support has been super responsive and dedicated to getting any challenges resolved.

We had a previous solution and switched due to a corporate decision to eliminate some subscription fees.

This product was nearly plug and play. There are some tables and rules to make custom decisions based on our daily workloads and philosophy as an educational setting.

I was not involved in that aspect. Therefore, I cannot provide information along these lines.

I was not involved in the corporate decision-making.

What other advice do I have?

Draw out a plan of what traffic to unconditionally allow (whitelist) and what traffic to restrict under what conditions, before you even unwrap the box.

It has taken me a little while to gain confidence in this product, but I am there now. There were challenges during setup, and many of them were self-inflicted.