FortiGate-VM Review
All unauthorized traffic is filtered out

How has it helped my organization?

The improvement was felt in the traffic use. Without the firewall, there is unauthorized traffic coming in from the Internet. We can’t be sure whether it is legit traffic or something malicious. With this solution, all unauthorized traffic is filtered out.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the firewall and security. They filter out unwanted connections.

What needs improvement?

We are using a product from eight years ago. I am sure there have been improvements in the newer versions. Improvements on the following are needed:

1. Responsive UI
  2. JIT and detailed traffic reporting.

More than five years.

There are no stability issues.

We did scaled up quite well. We moved our locations from 10 to 20 people accessing it to 100s of people. It could handle the traffic load well enough.

I have not requested tech support (all these years).

Initial setup was quite straightforward, as we can simply head to the required sections to apply the planned network.

I have yet to research a hardware replacement. If anything, I am the one that needs some advice!

I can't remember.

What other advice do I have?

This product surely will fit your basic needs at the very least. However, always match up the specifications of the products you will buy to your current and future needs.