Fortinet FortiGate-VM Review

A scalable security solution with a valuable network security feature

What is our primary use case?

We installed Fortinet FortiGate-VM for security purposes. Our main motivation is for security reasons and improving networking.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are network security, VLAN, network protection, and encryption are very valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

Integration could be better. Whatever devices I'm using with FortiGate are all compatible. The access points and switches are also FortiGate, so I can easily integrate them. But it would be better if we could embed other devices as well. There are compatibility issues with other brands, and we need that. We can only integrate universal brands with FortiGate. The initial setup could also be easier.

I have been working with Fortinet FortiGate-VM for three years.

It's stable, and our customers aren't giving us much of a problem.

Our customers are very happy with its scalability.

Technical support is good. However, we're not satisfied with partner support, and we're looking to diversify. We have signed up, and we're training our engineers.

The initial setup is a little complex. Not too complex, but it's good because we like to work. It takes half an hour at most to install and deploy this solution.

We're a reseller, and we implement this solution.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Fortinet FortiGate-VM an eight.

Latest Version
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Integrator, reseller
More Fortinet FortiGate-VM reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Firepower NGFW Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate-VM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.