Fortinet FortiGate-VM Review

Simple to use with good standard features and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution on the VPN box as a perimeter firewall. We use it to secure internal networks and a few servers. Our network is solely on Fortigate.

What is most valuable?

The standard features, including the filtering, are quite good. All the basic features are pretty useful for us.

It's very simple for us to use.

It's very similar to SonicWall.

What needs improvement?

There isn't anything in terms of features that we find are lacking. We don't see any places on the solution that don't cater to our requirements.

I would like to see VNX security and WildFire. Those features I would like to see on the solution in the future in order to be able to evaluate it further.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is pretty stable.

We haven't attempted to scale the solution just yet. If we want to scale this solution we may have to look at other models. With certain requirements, we probably wouldn't be able to scale it so well as it is right now.

We have about 2,000 people using the solution. Most of the people using it are software developers.

The technical support has been very helpful. We've been satisfied with the level of the support we get.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is straightforward. We didn't find it complex at all.

We had partners that assisted with the implementation.

I'm not aware of the specific costs involved in the licensing of the solution. I don't know that prices are competitive enough compared to other vendors.

We did evaluate other options, including Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiGate-VM reviews from users