G Suite Enterprise Review

Secure, stable, scalable, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We have different use cases. We have a set of people, like the executives and recruiters, who use G Suite for documentation, email, and everything. There is a separate set of people, like the leadership team, who use it just for emails. We also use Google Meet for team meetings. All our laptops are getting backed up to Google Drive. Google has covered everything in one shot.

What is most valuable?

Being able to back up our data on Google Drive is a critical and valuable feature for our customers. It is just in sync. Imagine you change a file on the desktop, and it gets updated directly to your Google Drive. Our laptop is completely in sync with Google Drive.

Google Meet, Google Sheets, and Google Docs are also amazing products. They're very versatile and easy to use as compared to Office 365. I am using Google Sheets and Google Docs, which first save the work on my memory or ROM, and then on my RAM. It gives me better productivity through Google Sheets and Google Docs.

What needs improvement?

There could be more options in Google G Suite. They can include HD calling for Google Meet.

The layout portion in the calendar for Google G Suite can be better designed. When we get into the calendar and start scheduling meetings, we do have few hiccups here and there. The layout can be a little easier. People from different backgrounds are finding it a little bit tough to understand. It should be more intuitive. At the moment, it has a completely white background. To do power saving, it would be good if they can release a darker background.

There are a few issues with the formatting of Google Docs when they get converted to Microsoft docs. It would be amazing if they can resolve it in the next release.

I have been using this solution for the past three years.

It is stable and reliable.

It is scalable. Scalability is the main feature of G Suite. We have somewhere close to 900 to 1,500 users who use it on a daily basis.

I haven't contacted them. I'm an ISM, and my IT team was responsible for handling the hiccups that happened 45 days ago. When the server was down, they were in touch with the technical team.

I didn't find it complex.

I deployed it on my own. It is maintained on its own in the cloud.

Being an ISM, I regularly audit the logs for the G Suite to find out if we have any kind of hiccups. Around 45 days back, our server went down for almost eight hours. I could figure out through the logs why it was down and what was happening. It is not much work when it comes to the maintenance of G Suite.

I had started doing research from my side about what is G Suite and what other options we have for an enterprise solution. Coming from an IT background, it took me a day or so to understand what G Suite is. It did not take me long.

What other advice do I have?

From information security, that is, confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) as well as stability and reliability point of view, G Suite is the product to go for.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a nine out of ten.

Google
More G Suite Enterprise reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about G Suite Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.