Google Cloud Storage Review

A reliable solution that improves the security of our data

What is our primary use case?

I was trying to close the gap using CloudBerry in conjunction with Google Cloud Storage.

This is a public cloud deployment model.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution has improved the security of our data.

What is most valuable?

This is a reliable solution.

What needs improvement?

The user experience needs to be simplified.

It is difficult to configure.

We performed a trial of this solution for between one and two months.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution and you can scale it as you want.

I have not had contact with technical support.

We did not use another solution prior to this one. I selected this one because I have experience with other Google services such as Gmail and Google Docs. There was familiarity.

The initial setup of this solution was very simple. For this use case, we only needed S3 storage. The implementation involved defining three buckets, copying the information inside the CloudBerry console, and then installing the CloudBerry client on my desktop. The process took approximately four hours.

I took care of the deployment myself. It was very easy.

I did not evaluate other options before choosing this one. However, I will be looking at Microsoft Azure, Amazon, and other cloud storage services.

We are also considering migration to a private cloud service in Italy.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution because it's established and reliable, although it is not so simple to configure.