Google Cloud Storage Overview

Google Cloud Storage is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Storage tools. It is most often compared to Amazon S3 Glacier: Google Cloud Storage vs Amazon S3 Glacier

What is Google Cloud Storage?

Google Cloud Storage offers developers and IT organizations durable and highly available object storage. Google created three simple product options to help you address the needs of your applications while keeping your costs low. These three product options use the same API, providing you with a simple and consistent method of access.

Download the Cloud Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Google Cloud Storage Customers

Autism Speaks, Backflip Studios, Beneficio Facil, Bitmovin, Claritics, CloudBerry, Cosentry, DNANexus, DNAstack, Energyworx, Feedly, GenieConnect, HTC, JustDevelopIt, LeadPages, Leanplum, LiveHive, Mendelics, Ocado, RealMassive, Screenz, ShareThis, Songpop, Ubisoft, VendAsta, Webydo, Wix, zulily

Google Cloud Storage Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Cloud Storage pricing:
  • "They know that the pricing is comparable with Azure, AWS, and those other solutions like Amazon are cheaper, but they are not as flexible."
  • "Its price is fine."

Enterprise Solution Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Keeps customer data secure and well managed

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is the implementation for our customers. Depending on what our customer's needs are, and if they use a solution that needs storage then we will implement the solution with Google Cloud Storage. Our company is not developing cloud technology at the moment but we are using Google Cloud Storage and Microsoft Windows 10. We help our customers with the digital transformation from their own data center to Google Cloud Storage. When you are changing environments there are many things to consider and we help our customers in the transition.

• "The most valuable feature is the cryptographic technology."
  • "The implementation is not as easy as Microsoft, and the process could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I have over ten years of experience with project management. I would recommend this product. It's a good product. Technology is improving and is more exciting. For example, IoT, which is somewhat related to Google Cloud Storage, is another technology that is improving with storage. We prefer Microsoft to Google because it is easier for the customer to understand. Nineteen percent of our customers use an Active Directory and visit Microsoft Technology. It is easier to move with the Active Directory in the cloud than with Microsoft Technology. We have a relationship with Microsoft but we have a…
Managing Director at HEADWAY CONSULTING (PTY) LTD
An easily scalable solution that enables us to access our data anywhere, anytime

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for sharing and storing our corporate data.

• "The feature we've found most valuable is the ability to access our data anywhere, anytime."
  • "User management could be better. It's complicated process to delete users and maintain the structure of documents created by deleted users."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the public cloud deployment model. I would rate the solution nine out of ten. We are very happy with the services that we are getting. We've been using it for 5 years and apart from the backup issue, we use it every day and we've really got no issues. I would definitely recommend it to any business if they're looking at taking their business into a more agile environment, or if they are scaling or reducing costs. There's definitely a lot of routes to reduce cost, and to reduce the risk of having your own infrastructure that you need to protect, and need to manage. It also reduces…
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Huawei, Zoolz and others in Cloud Storage. Updated: April 2021.
479,816 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JM
Data Director at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Offers many tools and you can put as much information as you like on it because you pay according to usage

What is our primary use case?

We basically use this solution to store our data, run our mobiles, and link our data.

• "What I like about this program, is that it's quite fast, because you pay for your usage."
  • "I would also like to be able to use my own tools and packages within this solution and also have a tool to visualize the data with graphics."

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution nine out of ten. The reason why I don't give it a ten is because of the data visualization. In the next version, I would like to have a tool to visualize the data with graphics and so on.
AK
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good features and performance and is really easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is that we are implementing a software for a insurance company, and everything is implemented and running on the Google Cloud Platform, like the database and the cloud engine.

• "Their technical support is good and very professional."
  • "They need to get some parts of the program more mature, like the admin management part as well as the monitoring part."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to do a good assessment of the solution related to IT communication with the Google Cloud. It can all be very confusing at first, so it is really important to work in collaboration with Google. After that is will be very easy to work on. I will rate this solution an eight out of ten.
DD
Manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Provides great security and a good interface that works well with other applications

What is our primary use case?

I'm a manager in an Indian-based company and we are customers of Google.

• "From an availability perspective it's fantastic; from a security perspective it's fantastic."
  • "Could be improved from a storage perspective and a cost perspective."

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.
MM
Consultant IBM Maximo at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly, flexible, and stable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for personal storage of documents, etc.

• "The solution is flexible and very user-friendly."
  • "The solution should improve its security and accountability."

What other advice do I have?

Due to its general user-friendliness, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten overall.
AF
Consultant at conetech
A reliable solution that improves the security of our data

What is our primary use case?

I was trying to close the gap using CloudBerry in conjunction with Google Cloud Storage. This is a public cloud deployment model.

• "Using this solution has improved the security of our data."
  • "The user experience needs to be simplified."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution because it's established and reliable, although it is not so simple to configure. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Technology Competency and Solution Head at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good price, stable, scalable, and allows us to work offline

What is our primary use case?

We are using Google Cloud Storage mainly for our document management. We have its latest version.

• "It is stable and scalable."
  • "Its security should be better from the data security point of view. It should be more secure, and it should get tightly integrated with products such as Google Docs and Google Sheets. Microsoft covers different kinds of tools such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution. I would rate Google Cloud Storage a nine out of ten.
See 4 more Google Cloud Storage Reviews