Google Cloud Storage Review

An easily scalable solution that enables us to access our data anywhere, anytime

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for sharing and storing our corporate data.

What is most valuable?

The feature we've found most valuable is the ability to access our data anywhere, anytime.

The security on the solution is perfect and the integration with email and email hosting is great.

What needs improvement?

User management could be better. It's a complicated process to delete users and maintain the structure of documents created by deleted users.

The solution needs backup and archival functionality. We had an instance where our account renewal was not done in time and we lost information. Archival and backup can be expanded upon, by providing archival/backup services within the google cloud solution. It would save us from using a third party for our cloud backup, which is what we are currently doing.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is very, very stable.

The solution is very scalable. We've had to increase our storage crate and it was very straightforward. On average we have about 10 users. We're a growing organization, and we intend to increase the number in the future.

We're satisfied with technical support. We've had the opportunity to use the technical forum and to request their support. They were very responsive to our needs.

The solution's setup is straightforward. Initially, there were some issues with synchronization and so on but I think they are continually improving, so it's getting better and better.

The price is fair. Even when you compare it to the competition, I'd say the value we get for every dollar we spend is very good.

They have different costs and options for scalability and functionality. We started off with the free edition and then we went for the corporate edition and the business edition, and we've since increased. They have lots of options for various types of users.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the public cloud deployment model.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten. We are very happy with the services that we are getting. We've been using it for 5 years and apart from the backup issue, we use it every day and we've really got no issues.

I would definitely recommend it to any business if they're looking at taking their business into a more agile environment, or if they are scaling or reducing costs. There's definitely a lot of routes to reduce cost, and to reduce the risk of having your own infrastructure that you need to protect, and need to manage. It also reduces the complexity of the management of data storage.