HEAT Service Management Review

We customized the workflows for our needs.

What is most valuable?

The ability to totally customize the screen and workflows to fit your processes.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to build in a Notes and Questions field on the Call Logging screen. When the Service Desk Rep would select the Call Type it would show the required things to do to resolve the issue. It would also show where to route the ticket if they could not resolve the issue.

What needs improvement?

The process to add fields is time consuming and requires the system to be offline while you apply an Edit Set.

4 Years

No – since we were upgrading from version 6 to 8 and using all new servers we were able to stand up version 8 and get everything setup and tested before we cut over.

No, HEAT was very reliable and never went down.

No – we had a site license so we had unlimited users. Also we setup a Citrix solution to use for the sites not in the main office were 80% of the user base was located.

Excellent

Excellent

No, when I arrived we were using version 6 and I was tasked with getting us to the current version at the time which was 8.

Since I was already very familiar with HEAT it was not difficult setting up version 8.

We used in-house resources to implement. I did attend training from the vendor who was our VAR. They did help us setup Change Control in the system using a set of Detail Screens and workflows.

Our First Call Close rate for the Service Desk was 70-80% once we got all the workflows and Notes and Question screens populated.

Our cost was 50K a year to be in Maintenance so we could call FrontRange for support. We ran version 6 for many years with no cost.

What other advice do I have?

Determine if you need to make a lot of customizations. FrontRange now offer HEAT as a SAS, I am not sure if that allows for the customizations I had with it hosted in-house.