HPE Helion Review

We focus on our skillsets and core competencies while they help us fix customers' problems. It lacks a single dashboard to support all our services.

What is most valuable?

What matters is whether the end product that you deliver to your customers fixed their problem. To me, it is all about solving and fixing problems. So it always comes down the whether it helped you fix your customers’ problems.

HPE Helion provides access to world-class personnel and skill sets. Their ability to perform repeatedly at a high standard provides a positive experience. The reason I outsource a lot to HPE is because they are very good at what they do. I do not have the resources internally to do a lot of this myself; so I speak very highly of them.

How has it helped my organization?

We focus on what we are good at. We focus on our skillsets and our core competencies. We are always looking for partners who can assist us because we have limited expertise based on company strategy.

What needs improvement?

With a lot of the services we use, we need a single dashboard that could do more. At the moment, the biggest challenge in technology and security is redundancies in the systems. It would be great to have just one system that can manage a lot of your workflow.

I think that the challenge for HPE is their diversification into new markets. They're a new company and they are doing very well; but I would say that they still have a little bit of work to do with some of their partners. That’s understandable because it is still very new. But they really need to strengthen certain vendor relationships.

It's good. I feel that we are doing more and more business with HPE. I still think there is a lot of work to do with their own partners; so the majority of the time our experience is very good.

I know we are trying to reach out to new vendors all the time, Gemalto being one. We did not have a good experience with them; but, all in all, it is a very mature product line that I am very happy with.

I have a very high opinion of them on scalability. I have no doubt that they can provide whatever we need as long as we pay them enough money.

We actually haven't had to call them yet; so that’s good.

We were using older systems and we moved to HPE; but for a lot of the projects, I've reached out to HPE for the first time because they have good services.

The scope of the work involved in the initial setup is very detailed. You need a really detailed understanding of each of your business systems; and you need to communicate that to the HPE team and security. I always try to keep it simple; but to explain the specific requirements is a lot of work which requires a lot of preparation and planning.

We considered Dell SecureWorks and HPE obviously; and a very few niche players that do specific functions. There was nobody as big as HPE. They all might do specific parts of it very well. We picked HPE because we could contact one account manager to fulfill all our needs. What it comes down to when choosing a vendor is that I've got to trust them.

What other advice do I have?

Reach out to your account manager, and give them a refined understanding of what you want to achieve. HPE is a very large organization. You just need to be very clear on what you want to experience.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: