HPE OneView Review

It is easy to set up and scalable with a user-friendly and informative dashboard

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and HPE OneView is one of the products that we implement for our clients. When we first started using OneView, we used it for monitoring our server. After that, I added my blade server and then two years ago, Synergy.  Since then, I have been managing my HPE BladeSystem and Synergy with OneView.

It is also used for configuring my Virtual Connect, the operating system for my server, and so on.

What is most valuable?

The OneView Global Dashboard is very user-friendly and it can be used for monitoring the power consumption and temperature of the data center and racks.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if we can add every HPE device to OneView, such as MSA, as well as the other servers like the DL server and ML server.

I would like to see the price reduced.

HPE OneView is a relatively new product that was introduced between six and seven years ago. I have been familiar with it since the first version, and have been working with it for between five and six years.

Stability-wise, it is okay. It suits us well.

I haven't had any problems with the scalability and configuration. I have set up and configured OneView for several customers that range in size from 50 servers to 500 servers. I would say that it works well for medium-sized organizations.

The initial setup is very easy. You have to create a virtual machine, turn it on, and go to the setup.

I think that the price of OneView is $500 USD per server, which is a little high. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend to others. The most important thing about OneView is that the primary usage is for configuring BladeSystem and Synergy. If the number of servers that you have is not very high then you do not need OneView because you can manage them using the system manager. You can do intelligent provisioning, for example.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: February 2021.
463,678 professionals have used our research since 2012.