HPE OneView Alternatives and Competitors
Read reviews of HPE OneView alternatives and competitors
Sr. Tech. Consultant - Network at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Useful RTLS feature and good support but needs automation options and better wireless reporting
What is our primary use case?We have multiple corporate customers here in Oman. We provide support to the customers for implementations and service issues. There are many use cases. There are a lot of customers who are using the Huawei network. For one customer, we implemented the campus and the data center network with Huawei.
Pros and Cons
- "I like the real-time location monitor or RTLS feature. It is similar to the monitoring feature in Cisco Prime."
- "eSight has many features and options, but sometimes, we feel that it should be more advanced, like Cisco. It would be good if they can enable some automation part in eSight. Most of our customers want automation in their network. They don't want a dependency on everything. That's why the automation part must be improved in Huawei. It will be beneficial for customers. Cisco has different products, and there are multiple products for monitoring, automation, etc. In the software-defined network, Cisco has ACI, and VMware has NSX. Such options must be there in Huawei to move to a software-defined network. Unlike Cisco, in the case of eSight, there is only one product. I am not aware of any other product. It would be good to enhance it with at least some automation options so that we can use it effectively in the campus network or big data center environment. When I implemented this Huawei solution, I faced some limitations in particular areas like wireless scanning. This is another part that they can improve. Wireless reporting option is not as effective as other monitoring solutions. For a particular use case, if a customer is asking for some reports, sometimes they are not 100% satisfactory. The reporting structure must be improved."
What other advice do I have?I would recommend this solution depending upon the budget and requirements of a customer. If a customer is asking for automation, I have some Cisco products for automation. If a customer is asking for some low priced and cheap device, I have solutions in Huawei. It also depends on the network environment and the efficiency to handle the network in a particular technology. If a customer is very happy with Huawei and he is more knowledgeable about Huawei devices, he would prefer Huawei. Those having the Cisco devices would only prefer Cisco. Similarly, an HP customer would prefer HP. As a…
Network Engineer at a government with 51-200 employees
Real UserTop 5
Dec 16, 2019
An easy initial setup with good documentation and a good interface on the older model
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution to check the state of the network. We have thousands of devices to manage and control. We monitor all of the internal network with the solution. It is the first tool we use to see the state of the network for real-time monitoring.
Pros and Cons
- "The documentation is very good."
- "The licensing model could be improved. Right now, the levels are too far apart. This causes the solution to be more expensive than it needs to be."
What other advice do I have?We use an older version of WhatsUp Gold. The change of the interface of the tool was too hard for some people of our team and they didn't want the new interface. We have all of the infrastructure on our data centers. I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.
IT Infrastructure Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Real UserTop 5
Feb 4, 2020
Stable and scalable but extremely complex
What is our primary use case?The solution is primarily used to manage user infrastructure.
Pros and Cons
- "Technical support has been good so far. We haven't had any issues with them. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide our company."
- "The interface and the way it is constructed is very complex. They should work to simplify it. It's quite difficult for somebody who doesn't know the product very well. Users should be able to get proficient with it faster. There's definitely room for improvement there."
What other advice do I have?We're not partners with Cisco. I'm a user of the solution and also a consultant. We're currently using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure of the exact version number, but it was updated recently. I don't have specific advice to others considering implementing the product. I'd just say that it's important that they know the product before implementing it. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. You can do pretty much anything you need to on the product, but it's quite complex. If they were able to simplify both the configuration and the user interface, I'd probably give them full…
Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Real UserTop 10
Mar 19, 2020
Simple to upgrade, no downtime, and the performance flow charts are excellent
Pros and Cons
- "The Clone and Snapshot features are two of the most valuable aspects of the solution for our organization. Rather than simply one-click automation the Snapshot and reverse Snapshot are great."
- "The solution could be a bit more user-friendly. The dashboard and configuration should be much easier to use."