HPE OneView Review

We use it to monitor all our iLOs. They need to add some other storage systems like MSA or P2000.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature of the latest OneView version 3 is to include the option to make calls directly to HPE.

The previous software HPE Insight Remote was old and complicated; it didn't work. When I told the system to discover my servers, it found some systems but others were completely ignored. In the newer version of OneView, I hope and pray that this feature works better. At a recent HPE conference, I saw the live demo that showed me the options. When this software works like what I saw in the demo, it will be a great feature for the new options, to get one software for all that stuff.

The centralized management and monitoring features are most valuable in this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We also use OneView for monitoring all our iLOs to see in one place that all of our servers are fine.

The blade enclosure management for zoning is another benefit.

What needs improvement?

They need to add some other storage systems like MSA or P2000. That would be a great feature. At this time, they are only planning to add 3PAR. All of the others are third-party.

I have not given it a perfect rating because some features are missing like adding other storage systems and providing email notifications.

I have used this product for two years. I worked with version 1.16 and updated to the latest version.

It is really stable. In two years, I have had only one crash and it was my fault. However, we use it for really small options. We don't use it like other companies do, i.e., for zoning, server profiles, patch management, etc. We use it only for the small things such as monitoring purposes.

Currently, we have only 33 servers but we are looking to expand.

The initial setup was very easy.

There were no other vendors on our list besides HPE.

What other advice do I have?

OneView is a really good option and it makes our life easy. In other words, you can shop around but this is a good thing.

I'm really happy with the tool. It's a great thing.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.