HPE OneView Review

With a simple integration, we monitor all the systems of our customers. It should provide a comparison of my firmware version's situation in relation to the new upgrade that is available.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we use it for monitoring the HPE system hardware.

We have a partnership with HPE. We have a monitoring product and have integrated with HPE OneView. So, we use the HPE OneView functionality for monitoring all the system hardware.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the working of our organization because with HPE OneView, we have one system integrated with our system. It monitors and manages all the HPE software and hardware systems.

Thus, by a simple integration with HPE OneView, we can demand work from HPE software and monitor  all the systems of our customers.

What needs improvement?

Managing the system is the next step for us. Currently, we have realized the integration and use the monitoring feature of this product. The next step for us is to explore and propose the managing of the systems. Thus, we need to be more experienced in this part of the software.

Probably one of the missing features is a help tool of the system from our point of view, that can be given to the customer and to us. For example, it can help with the release of a firmware upgrade or a comparison with the system that has the versions of the firmware installed on the system and is available on the HPE side. Also, it should provide a comparison of my firmware version's situation in relation to the new upgrade that is available.

It's stable. For us, it's the first step of integration as we are young.

The restful APIs were very useful and helped us to integrate easily with the solution.

The product is scalable.

Right now, it is difficult for me to answer this since we are very young with this integration. It is also a starting point to make decisions and to decide the future way.

The initial setup was very easy because you can download the appliances on your virtual machine. It is a sort of auto-setup, you can plug into one world and setup is very easy. The configuration was very easy. Since we are technicians for us, it has been easy to install and configure the system.

We have partnered up with HPE. We are historical partners, so HPE proposed to us to integrate OneView because they knew that we sell a monitoring solution. We were told that we would get a good integration with our monitoring system.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product, but I don't have enough experience to say that it is perfect.
In other words, there's a lot of experience needed and we are not able to maximize all the features in the product until we learn more from it.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners
More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.