HPE OneView Review

The most valuable feature is having a one-pane-of-glass so that we can see the HPE environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is having a one-pane-of-glass so that we can see the HPE environment, i.e., the blades and DL380s.

How has it helped my organization?

Instead of having to go directly to the aisle of cards and to look at the blades to see what's going on, we're able to just go to OneView, have that one-pane-of-glass and get an idea of what's going on with the server.

What needs improvement?

There is a need for more integration. For example, I haven't really looked into integration with the Microsoft System Center, or things along those lines, so that we could move to even a more single-pane-of-glass.

Stability has been really great, we don't have any issues with stability at all.

Since we're a small shop, I've never had any scalability issues; we don't have that many issues. We don't have that much hardware, so I can't really say, one way or the other.

I forgot the other product's name, we were using the previous version of one of the HPE tools. Once they were switching over to OneView, we decided to switch over to OneView, so that we'd get that one-pane-of-glass.

Reliability and support are the main two things that we look at while selecting a vendor.

What other advice do I have?

Go ahead and do it. It gives you that one-pane-of-glass and makes life a lot easier than trying to go into each server and seeing what's going on.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.