Micro Focus Operations Manager Review

Integration with other HPE products enables us to feed all the information into same area.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration with other HPE products because it enables us to feed all the information into same area; whereas before it was in different sites.

It is very adaptable and relatively easy to install.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of any areas for improvement at the moment, but we haven't had it for long enough for me to say. We're still in the process of assessing it. It's been pretty impressive so far.

The stability has been very good so far. We've only had it a short time.

It is very good on scalability.

The technical support is normally very good, but occasionally patchy.

We were coming to the end of life with the hardware and software we were running, which are also HPE products. We've moved into this new area, so it was a combination of the hardware and software.

The initial setup had some challenges; but since it was completed, it has been very stable.

The initial installation document didn't have some of the prerequisites we needed to install the software; but we looked at the installation document again recently and they added all that information. So, in our particular case, it was good.

We're with HPE anyway, but the other vendors would have been Microsoft or IBM. But, really, it's generally going to be HPE because we're already using them.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to colleagues given our current assessment, but we haven’t fully utilized it yet.

The most important criteria to us when we choose a vendor are stability and support.