HPE SimpliVity Review

Stable solution with easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

Our clients' primary use for HPE SimpliVity has been for general infrastructure, not for any one specific thing. This includes different uses - for the server, SQL, the internal information server, different servers, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

The backup solution is a good functionality that the client is very happy with.

What is most valuable?

In terms of HPE SimpliVity's most valuable features, its backup integration is a good thing. Its performance is very good as is the whole integration.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what should be improved, I think that the local support in Argentina is not good. This is a new technology and HPE doesn't have a lot of technology specialists here in Argentina. It's very hard to find the specialist here.

Additionally, the price must be better. Here in Argentina, Dell is very competitive. If the client doesn't understand the functionality that SimpliVity has, he will chose by price, and Dell is very, very competitive here in Argentina.

Lastly, Stretched Cluster is a new functionality and is something that the client needs.

We have been using HPE SimpliVity for two to three years.

The stability is very good. Stability is not a problem.

Our clients are small and medium-sized businesses, so we implement small infrastructures - three nodes to five nodes.

Our clients are very happy with this solution. I don't know if they will buy more SimpliVity though.

Here in Argentina tech support is very hard to find. But, if we scale our problem with external support in, say, the United States or another country, it's good. Here in Argentina, though, it's not good.

Initial setup is very simple. It takes one or two days.

Dell is a competitor, as is Nutanix.

Dell is a good solution and is cheaper than HPE, but their support is bad here in Argentina too. We've found that the client likes HPE because he knows it.

For now Nutanix is still very small here in Argentina.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend our clients use SimpliVity.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give HPE SimpliVity a nine.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.