HPE SimpliVity Review

The built-in backup data protection is valuable.

What is most valuable?

The built-in backup data protection is the most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We streamlined our production servers in the way of space management, better redundancy, and efficiency.

What needs improvement?

• Back-end training for sysadmins

I have used it for one year.

Some things were not fully set up during deployment by their engineers.

We have not encountered any stability issues at all.

I have not scaled yet.

Customer service is good; not the best, but it's good.

Technical support is very good.

We previously used a centralized VMware solution; not enough resources and internal support was lacking. We needed more control over our environment.

Initial setup was both straightforward and a little complex. I think they can come up with a better way to automate some of the process for the end user sysadmin.

Implementation was through Simplivity's team.

Still working on ROI.

Depending on the vendor, Simplivity will try to work with you on the pricing.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Nutanix and VMware centralized solutions through our institution.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend Simplivity to fill any hyper-converged needs.

1 Comment
BhaskarRamanConsultant

I'm happy for the user. There are choices that customer has for his/her HCI needs. If what I understand is correct, a Snapshot of meta data changes does not constitute a backup. A traditional backup and hence compliance to certain standards, requires the logical backup to be outside of the production disks. I wonder how the HCI in question complies to this. I can understand if a logical backup at the speed of snapshot as claimed can be pushed outside to an off prem or on-prem device,capable of Dedupe and Compression.

I'm not an employee of any HCI vendor, and the above is my own personal thoughts.

11 April 18