HPE SimpliVity Review

One of the most valuable features is the backup and restore capability.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the backup and restore capability, the speed with which it can back-up, and restores can be done in seconds.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes it more efficient for us. Instead of having to get support for multiple different solutions like storage, compute, network, and having to contact individual vendors, it's all one solution. We can contact one person, get support over the phone without having to call multiple vendors, and not have them point fingers at each other.

What needs improvement?

Additional features would be more visibility into the overall infrastructure and what's happening with the VMs.

Stability has been rock solid. We've put it in. The transition was easy and it stayed up the whole time, with no issues at all.

We have not done a whole lot with scalability. We've upgraded a little bit, but from everything that we've seen, it's easy, simple, and it can scale as much as we need it to.

I've used SimpliVity technology support a lot. In terms of HPE technology support, I've only used them a little bit in the last few weeks. Once I get a hold of them, they're great. Sometimes it's a little bit difficult to get a hold of them, but once we get a hold of them, their technicians are great.

We were using a different solution and we were reaching end of life. That's when we started evaluating different vendors and different products. We didn't know much about HPE. We saw their solution, saw the backup restore, and the ability to do disaster recovery and business continuity, and we were sold. We chose HPE because we did a test between this and one other competitor. We tested some dry failures and that type of thing, and found out that the data protection was much better with SimpliVity.

When selecting a vendor, the most important criteria are functionality, performance, and support. We looked at all of those and that's why we chose SimpliVity.

The initial setup was very simple and easy. We had it up in half a day. We were up and running and migrating our VMs over.

What other advice do I have?

I would have them take a look at it and do a proof of concept. Take a look at the backup and restore capability and the ability to restore very large VMs in seconds.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.