HPE SimpliVity Review

Provides an entire solution in a single box and offers a single management platform for the entire staff

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to offer a combination of computing storage services to remote locations. It operates in our data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization because it provides ease of management and offers a single management platform for the entire staff.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is its integration, as it provides an entire solution in a single box. The performance is also very good.

What needs improvement?

The ease of new deployments could be improved. Also, I think that the scalability of the solution may be inadequate for some people.

It would be good for this platform if we could have an independent gross-storage on the computer.

I have good a good impression of the stability of this solution.

In terms of scalability, this solution fits us. However, I think that the actual limitations are somewhat less than what people might want. For our purpose, it's ok.

We did not use a solution previous to this one. It was added to our IT portfolio because there was a need for it.

The initial setup was not extremely easy, so we needed specific skills in order to bring it into production. Once it was up and running, it was ok.

When it comes to selecting a vendor, I think that partnership is one of the most important criteria. We needed a technology that is universally deployable and has the capability of functioning in the cloud. This allows us to use the service not only in our own premise's data centers but with cloud providers as well.

At the time we were evaluating solutions but there were not many players in the market. We considered Nutanix, but it had its own hardware platform. SimpliVity had an OmniStack configuration that could run on hardware platforms that we already had within the organization. We chose SimpliVity because of this.

What other advice do I have?

There is a massive technology shift now toward software-defined storage, so we are trying to move from a functionality perspective to an abstraction layer above the equipment we buy.

I think that this is a safe investment for anyone who wants to have a straightforward solution that comes out of the box and can be deployed on an appliance.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.