HPE SimpliVity Review

It has a smaller footprint, and we can restore faster

What is our primary use case?

We are in a stretched cluster environment. So far, it has been really good.

How has it helped my organization?

We can get backups faster. We have a smaller footprint for hardware, which takes up less space. So, we use less electricity and floor space.

What is most valuable?

The storage deduplication, as far as the storage space, is the most valuable feature, then the backups.

It has a smaller footprint. We can restore faster. Things run faster and smoother.

We just implemented it within the last year at all five of our major facilities in the United States.

We have only been using it for a little less than a year. So far, it has been good. We haven't had any issues.

Scalability sounds easy, just add nodes. We haven't had to do that yet, since we just started.

The technical support is good. We are in contact with HPE. It seems like anytime that we have problems people are there to help us.

We went from our old technology to the new technology. So far, it has helped us with backups to save us money from the old technologies.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. We had help with them doing it.

We used a reseller for the deployment, and our experience with them was good. We have had them for a long time.

I have not seen ROI.

We also looked at Nutanix.

We chose HPE because of the cost savings. With the backup and restore, we didn't have to have a third-party backup solution for it, instead we could use SimpliVity.

What other advice do I have?

Do your research. We talked with many people about it. Do what is right for your environment.