Hyper-V Review

Previously we had five machines running the infrastructure. With Hyper-V, now we have one.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes it easier to deploy services. All services tend to migrate onto the server house without having problems now. It is hardware independent.

What is most valuable?

We find the most valuable feature is just hosting the VM. The replication I do with other software.

What needs improvement?

It might make it easier to move VMs across Hotmail hosts. This application process may make it a little bit easier.

More than five years.

I have not had problems with the stability of the solution.

I am using the free version of the solution. There are some limited features, and it is not too scalable. But, I am sure the full version is much better for scaling.

We have plans to migrate to the full version in the future, as we have a greater need for usage.

I never had the need to contact technical support.

It was a straightforward setup. The deployment basically took two days. We prepared the hosts, migrated to the new hosts, turned off the old hardware and then we had one machine with all of the servers running. Previously we had five machines running the infrastructure, and now we have one.

Hyper-V is free in my case, and by purchasing Windows servers 2019, Hyper-V is already included. It provides the same operating systems for competitors that charge a lot more for the same results.

I use the free version of Hyper-V.

VMware has a comparable solution, but their price is too expensive for my needs.