IBM MQ Review

Data is sent only once, asynchronously as well as synchronously.

What is most valuable?

WebSphere messaging, clustering and security are the most important and most valuable features.

Security is the most important thing right now. Nowadays, you can see people are hacking into systems to steal customer data. MQ has very good security features and it supports very good protocols.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest advantage about us using messaging is that we can connect to most of the financial customers across the globe securely and data is always sent only once, asynchronously as well as synchronously.

What needs improvement?

We are moving toward the cloud. How can we migrate the existing customers to a private cloud? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Maybe it's already there. I need to know.

It is a very stable product. We have been using it for more than ten years. It is very stable.

It's pretty much scalable, but I'm looking to see if we can scale to cloud using the existing infrastructure. It’s like picking up buckets. It’s very lax.

We have used technical support. Not for the solution, but for problems or issues. I would say that they are okay. If you want me to rate between one to ten, I would rate them four.

We did not previously use a different solution. This is something that we started using and it has grown tremendously in eight or ten years. It is one of the most widely used messaging solutions, internally and for external customers.

I was involved in the initial setup. It is straightforward. Since I'm familiar with this tool and been working with it for 12 years, it was straightforward.

We did not evaluate any alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

I think it all depends on the business need or the price. If the budget is strict, then they go with other solutions. They compromise on the business need. If they are OK with the budget, then they just go with it.