Ibm

IBM MQ Review
It helped us with our Maximo integration between the users and the database administrators.

Valuable Features:

So far, it's helped us with our Maximo integration between the users and the database administrators. I know we kind of lagged behind on some updates, which caused us problems. We recently upgraded, which had made things a lot easier, got rid of some of the issues we had with the older versions.

Improvements to My Organization:

It helped us with some of our security, on some of our roles, if I remember correctly. It helped us integrating; we’re trying to move a bunch of different things, like trying to move EZMaxMobile into our Maximo and a few other things. Part of that was bringing up WebSphere to the newest version for all the integration.

Room for Improvement:

Off the top of my head, I can't really think of any features I’d like to see in future versions. Right now, I don’t have any improvements to the version we’re using. We just upgraded two or three months ago, and we're still getting it all set up.

The configurations were not difficult, but like I’ve mentioned, again, I believe when they went through the integration, they talked to IBM to make sure that we're going to go through OK. So, there was some interface back and forth during the upgrade.
We’re happy with the user interface, so far.

Getting more analytics coming out of MQ is something we're working with across the board with everything, with our Maximo data, with all the applications we have. We get tired of having to pull reports and somebody has to manually crunch the numbers. We need something behind the scenes tabulating everything and coming up with answers, so we don't spend all our time just collecting everything. If there would be an integrated tool that would give us reports, that would be amazing.

Stability Issues:

With the newest version, we haven't really had any stability or scalability issues. I guess that's a good thing.

With the previous versions, it was just that we were a version behind on what the version of Maximo and everything we were using, so it was causing a few little glitches and buggy issues.

We frequently use technical support. They have been pretty good, so far.

Previous Solutions:

We knew we needed to invest in a new solution mainly because of the issues we were having with the old version; it was pointed out that they were going to be fixed by the new version, so that was kind of a simple thing.

Initial Setup:

I was not involved in the initial setup with this current version.

Other Solutions Considered:

We were already using WebSphere MQ, so we didn’t look any other solutions.

Other Advice:

Don't be afraid to call. If you're worried about tackling it all on your own, don't be afraid to call IBM or call somebody that's already gone through the process and get some help, because we're all willing to help; you just have to ask.

I have not given it a perfect rating because there's always room for improvement. I can't give them the improvements; they have to figure that out. It works really well but like I’ve mentioned, with the way everything's changing and developing every day, you always have to be on the lookout for what's coming up next.

In general, when I am looking at vendors, the number one criteria is responsiveness. Number two is time frames and that they meet the schedules. Those are our two biggest things. We've had issues with other vendors in the past with those same things.

0 Comments