Ibm

IBM MQ Review
Provides reliable, guaranteed message delivery.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature of this product is that it provides guaranteed message delivery. This is important for us because we want to have guaranteed message delivery and integrity; we cannot lose that message.

Improvements to My Organization

The reliability that it provides is the most beneficial aspect of this product for our organization.

Room for Improvement

One thing that I'd like to see is that queue-sharing should not depend on DB2. It should have this feature by itself, instead of depending on DB2.

In order to set up IBM MQ queue-sharing, DB2 data sharing is required in multiple LPARs. Thus, to make the implementation easy and straightforward, it will be nice if DB2 is not required for queue-sharing.

In regards to the stability of the product itself, it's pretty good. However, it depends on the configuration as well. Overall, the stability is good.

Scalability is pretty good as well and on the mainframe, we can expand it. That way, we're looking to carry out queue sharing, on the mainframe as well.

The technical support is fine. MQ is very predictable product and it's good.

I was involved in the initial setup, but not in this company; at a different company. I found that it was easy to install.

Other Advice

This product is from IBM which is a very well-known company.

MQ is a reliable, easy to understand and install solution.

The most important criteria while selecting a vendor are that they should be well-known and the product's reliability. These are the main reasons as to why we chose IBM MQ.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM MQ?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,962 solutions.