IBM MQ Review

Reliability is the most valuable feature. Technical support is excellent.

What is most valuable?

Reliability is the most valuable feature. MQ is used to support critical business applications.

What needs improvement?

The installation of product upgrades and patches is very difficult. It requires the use of the IBM Installation Manager (IM). The original IM data location used for installing the base must also be used for the installation of product upgrades and patches. In the Network Deployment edition, upgrades and patches need to be installed in the deployment manager and node agent profiles. I would improve this area by eliminating the need for the IBM Installation Manager.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent.

We had no previous solution.

Setup was complex. It requires a lot of components to be configured.

Use the new and lightweight version (Liberty) to lower licensing costs.

We didn’t look at other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Use the new and lightweight version (Liberty) to lower licensing costs. It is also easier to upgrade/maintain.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Middleware Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employeesReal UserTOP 20

It seems this review is for WebsphereAS and not WebsphereMQ. Liberty is not MQ and I do not think MQ can be installed with Installation Manager. I have always used install or rpm or Windows installer to install MQ.

24 August 17