IBM MQ Review

The performance and reliability are some of its valuable features, but I want to ensure event-driven mechanisms are included in the next release

How has it helped my organization?

We work with an organization who has only one product and that works with IBM MQ. Combined with IBM MQ, this product is our primary data store.

What is most valuable?

There are many things that I like about IBM MQ, such as, its performance and reliability.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure that current version has event-driven mechanism requests that people go for. I would like the latest version to come with both type of event-driven mechanisms: an email server and a POP server. If that is not there, then that would be a great addition.

I have been with a company for the last three years who has been using IBM. I was with another organization before that who used it for four or five years.

For the last three years, I haven't faced any stability issues. I would rate the stability as a nine (out of 10).

Support is managed by the vendor management team. This is being taken care by some of the managers.

I was not involved in the pricing structure.

There are quite a lot of competitors of IBM MQ who have high capabilities.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product as a seven (out of 10).

More IBM MQ reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache Kafka
Learn what your peers think about IBM MQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.