Informatica MDM Review

The Match-and-Merge feature helps us to address customers' issues, although setup is complex as it requires understanding of PAM documents.

What is most valuable?

The Match-and-Merge feature is valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now more equipped to address the customers' issues.

What needs improvement?

• Performance issues can be looked at
  • Improved release documentation is expected because I feel that the current release document doesn't give you the clear picture of what has been fixed and what has not been fixed from previous versions.

3 Years

We faced issues with User Exits post deployment, but those were addressed by Informatica.

If the guides are followed then the instructions are very well documented about issues that may crop up during up-scaling/upgrading.

Excellent. Informatica has one of the best customer services with an excellent turn around time.

Very good, a couple of technical support team members are excellent and they handle the case very professionally.

Complex, it is not just a NEXT NEXT NEXT button click setup, it requires understanding of PAM document provided by the vendor and mapping it with your hardware and then carefully setting up each of the elements - database, application server and then the software itself.

In-House along with some help from third parties. Understanding the business and collecting the initial requirement is the most important aspect and moreover verifying the collected requirement should be done so that there are no disconnects or gaps in understanding how the eventual implementation will look like.

What other advice do I have?

The product is the best in the industry (as it is multidomain) and the vendor support is excellent.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a partner.