Keysight Oscilloscopes Review

The product's functionality makes it easier to measure bit error rate

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is measuring PCIe and differential signals (CCIX).

We use a high-speed scope for measuring differential signal, which measures for electrical specifications. This is what our PCIe protocols are all about.

How has it helped my organization?

The product's functionality makes things easier for my partner, who is doing the PCIe design. He is able measure the product's usage and bit error rate.

What is most valuable?

It is able to support speed, and not a lot of product are able to do this.

The user interface is user friendly, as it pretty much continues along their product line. It is not my first time using it, and it's not difficult to figure out.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to build in more high-speed functions, such as FEC or PCIe Gen5, built into the array. BERT to be built-in for more specific product call. These would make our lives much easier.

FEC (forward error correction) require Reed-Solomon (RS) encoder and decoder. If scope able to provide RS functions (i.e. let us to enter different n and k values (block length and message length) that will make tool more useful for us).

More than five years.

We are not yet using the full bandwidth.

We have a Field Application Engineer (FAE) in our office area. Every time that we call technical support, they show up.

We decided to switch mostly based on speed that they provide. Everyone knows right now that speed of cellphones is getting faster. Currently, that is not the case for a lot of scopes and portals for speed measurement.

The pricing is very expensive, but with leading technology, nothing is cheap.

Our solution is upgradable. However, upgrading depends on how much money the company is willing to spend, because each upgrade will take a million dollars.

Keysight was the first vendor to come out with a 112G measurement solution. That is why my partner chose them. My partner did a training and look at it before he purchased it.

What other advice do I have?

Keysight is number one and top of the line.

While there is a learning curve, they do provide training. Keysight does a three-day training onsite.

We are not using this product to connect with support connected devices, like IoT development, and are not planning to going forward.