Keysight Oscilloscopes Review

It improves the functionality of our products and the products that I design

What is our primary use case?

We are using Keysight for characterization.

The signals that I'm evaluating are basic analog signals for hard disk drives.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves the functionality of our products and the products that I design. It does this every day. I use it for characterization every day, and it directly helps.

What is most valuable?

Its 4 port has true differential with quite a few de-embedding features. It goes up to 40 GHz with high performance.

What needs improvement?

There was a long learning curve. It's a bit difficult to get used to, so it took about six months to really fully get up to speed with it.

The user interface is not that good. It's not very intuitive. It's functional, but it's not designed for ease of operation. It's designed for functionality. Interface could be improved a bit. It could be a bit easier to use.

Three to five years.

One thing that should be improved is how reliable the product is. I have found it to be very unreliable. It breaks down a lot. That is one feature I'm definitely not happy about.

I am utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

It will become upgradable if the hardware becomes more reliable, then I would take advantage of it. While I can't think of any other functionality that they can add, as it's pretty good as is, the reliability is the main thing for me.

I have contacts within Keysight. They usually give us evaluation hardware. They're pretty good about it.

We were using a previous solution. It was bulky. It did not have good de-embedding features, so we found out about a newer solution, and there was enough value to switch.

The pricing is on the high side.

We also looked at LeCroy and Anritsu. However, Keysight was overall an excellent package.

We did demo Keysight before choosing it and learned it was functional.

What other advice do I have?

The functionality is excellent, but the reliability is poor.

The application space that the solution is targeting is PC components: hard disk drives.

We are not using this product to support connected devices.