Meraki Dashboard Review

A secure solution with simple navigation and layer 7 visibility

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its simplicity in navigating through the dashboard. It's well set out, and the layout is nice and user friendly.

A lot of clients enjoy seeing layer 7 visibility. They get a good indication and insight into what is happening in their network and what applications are being used the most. They can then customize and give preference to business-critical applications.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the landing page in Meraki Dashboard. When I go into an organization, they can include a lot more infographics. They can also simplify it a bit and consolidate it. For example, if I've got five branches and I go into customer A's profile or organization, I'd like to see an infographic on the landing page providing a snippet of the entire network layout, that is, all branches in one snapshot. From there, I would like to go into the network that I want to work on or view.

I have been using Meraki Dashboard for two years.

It is 100% stable. Once we deploy it, we very rarely have any comebacks.

I'm happy with its scalability.

I only have experience of dialing into Meraki technical support. They were very good.

I don't typically work with this solution. Just from my previous experience, it is fairly simple to set up. I don't think there are any issues.

Deployment duration depends on the complexity. It can take two to three days for complex deployments. It can take a couple of hours for simple deployments.

Typically, the license model is for one, three, and five years. They can just be a bit more flexible around it and look into providing an option for 24 months.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a secure and simple solution, I would highly recommend it.

I would rate Meraki Dashboard an eight out of ten.

More Meraki Dashboard reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Meraki Dashboard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.