Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics Review

A stable and useful solution for business intelligence

What is our primary use case?

It is for business intelligence. We are gathering all the data from legacy systems and transforming the data. We are then pushing the data back towards Power BI.

What is most valuable?

The whole solution is interesting for us.

What needs improvement?

They should provide a less expensive version with a smaller setup for small businesses. Currently, its price is quite high for entry-level or small businesses. In terms of integration, new connectors are always welcomed.

I have been using this solution for a year.

It is quite stable.

We don't scale up because the current level is enough for our customers. Our customers are small and medium companies in Europe.

I don't use their support.

It is complex. There are too many products that we need to involve in its setup, such as data factory and machine learning, and they're integrated so intricately. You need to have quite good skills to work with this. You would need a partner. You cannot do it yourself. The deployment usually takes a month.

It requires a less expensive version because currently, not every customer is able to buy it. If it could have a smaller setup that doesn't require so many resources, it would be helpful, and we would be able to use it in more cases. We are a small country, and most of our customers are quite small businesses.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics a nine out of ten.

More Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Snowflake
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.