Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security Review

Good for securing files, a mostly straightforward setup, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for MDM and file protection.

Excellent for mail and Office365 aps on mobile devices and cloud services.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at securing files. For example, if I forward a secure document, it's blocked from others, as I can send it with restrictions in relation to who can open it.

What needs improvement?

The MDM part of the engine could be better.

There should be more desktop support.

Overall, we're satisfied with the features that are available on the solution currently.

I've been using the solution for almost five years.

The solution is stable. We haven't had issues with bugs, glitches or crashes. We've been very satisfied with the stability overall.

I believe the solution is scalable. I don't think much about it since it just scales itself.

I'm not sure how many users are on the solution in my organization. I've done several installations. We have a staff ranging around 15,000 employees.

I've personally been in touch with technical support. I'm very satisfied with their level of support.

We previously used the Config Manager for client administration. It's not too similar to our current solution. This one is much more modern and quite dynamic.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the planning. It can be straightforward, but it need to be planned appropriately.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'd recommend that product, however, planning is the most important thing an organization can do to prep for implementation. It's a good idea to get someone with experience and who understands your needs to assist you at the beginning.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.