Microsoft .NET Framework Review

Easy modular development with good technical support, but the features could be enhanced

What is our primary use case?

We are a software company, and we build software. This is one of the solutions that we use in our development environment.

I have a profound handle on Microsoft. Net Framework.

What is most valuable?

As we are a software company, we find that accessing resources using this technology is easier compared to the others.

What needs improvement?

The main obstacle in this technology is that it is currently paid. If you want to develop an enterprise-level application, you have to purchase the enterprise-level development license. I think that this is a hurdle. If it is made free then more people will learn and the industry will have more proficient people with better performance.

In the next release, I am looking for more advanced technologies such as socket communication and enhanced features like realtime chat with the clients. This is what I have been looking at adopting into my existing application.

I have approximately six years of experience with Microsoft .NET Framework.

This solution is stable if the logic is handled sufficiently. It all depends on what kind of coding you are doing while you are developing the application.

This solution is scalable. The modular development plus expansion is quite easy.

We have 2000 users who are actively using this solution.

When we contact technical support, we open a ticket with the vendor, who then assigns us to a person. We meet to discuss the technical challenges we are facing and they come up with a solution.

Previously, we were using the IBM integration bus.

We were using Microsoft, Mobility Android, and iOS applications.

Most of my experience is with Microsoft solutions.

The initial setup was quite easy. The installation itself is easy. The prerequisites are already available on the internet.

It is a two-step deployment, the first being the development environment. The installation of that took between one hour and an hour and a half. For the processing, the deployment was a little bit different. I needed the information server hosting the Microsoft application.

While it's on a public cloud, some are on-premises that are accessed by the application.

We have a team of ten to maintain this solution. There are several internal connections to the system. For example, an interface with the other system which included SAP, Oracle, and IAD. The team looks for support queries that include any issues found or for any troubleshooting that needs assistance.

What other advice do I have?

There are proper resources. Stability and scalability are quite good. We handle 3000 to 4000 users at any time and they are users from all over the world, including North America, Australia, and the Middle East. This is a good option for the level of the audience.

We are using version 4.5 but we are gathering a few more projects that are running on version 4.7 and 4.8.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure

4.7 and 4.8
More Microsoft .NET Framework reviews from users
...who work at a Government
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft .NET Framework. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.